• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Wednesday, July 30, 2014

    Ardmore House B&B

    Every person I talked to on my way to Kenmare in County Kerry said the same thing, "Did you hear about the storm heading our way?" So heavy rain and lightning were on my mind as I walked into Kenmare at sunset.

    Kenmare was the first decent-sized town on my route, so it was also my first resupply. I needed groceries and some pills to help me sleep with nightly leg and foot pain. Kenmare is a tourist town with pubs packed with people late into the night. Finding a place to stealth camp may have been difficult, and there was still the matter of the storm.

    I decided to book a room for the night. Thanks to a donation from James from Illinois, I was able to fit this into my budget. James picked up Red and I when we were hitchhiking across the US in May.

    When I arrived, the owner Thomas immediately brought me a tray of coffee and biscuits. I grabbed the skeleton key out of my door and sipped my coffee in the living room while talking to Thomas about my trip and Ireland. He was great! That night, thunder cracked closely overhead and it poured harder than I've seen it pour in Ireland, so far. I was very thankful to be under a roof.

    Thank you for your donation James!

    Spotted some rowers when crossing Kenmare Bay on a suspension bridge,
    which claims to be the first suspension bridge built in Ireland. 
    You know how amazing this looks after living outdoors for a while?

    Kenmare Town Centre